Dental Implants in Kennewick
What are Dental implants?
Looking for dental implants in kennewick?
If you’re wondering what dental implants are – you’re not alone. To begin, a dental implant essentially an artificial tooth. So, it is an appliance that is attached to your jaw. Therefore, it has a metal post that acts as a “root.” Importantly, dental implants are increasingly being used as an alternative to dentures.
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
At Mathews Dental we will usually recommend dental implants if you:
- One, have one or more missing teeth
- Two, have a jawbone that's reached full growth
- Three, have adequate bone to secure the implants or are able to have a bone graft
- Four, have healthy oral tissues
- Five, don't have health conditions that will affect bone healing
- Six, are unable or unwilling to wear dentures
- Seven, want to improve your speech
- Importably, you are willing to commit several months to the process
Why Choose Dental Implants Over Regular Dentures?
We see that people choose implants over regular dentures for cosmetic and functionality purposes.
As a result, some of the benefits of having dental implants instead of dentures include:
- One, no hassle of inserting, removing, or cleaning their dentures
- Two, can still enjoy sticky and chewy foods – implants behave like natural teeth
- Three, overall comfort of eating
- Four, dental implants are cleaned with your regular brushing and flossing routine
- Five, you don’t have to worry about your teeth falling our while speaking
- Six, dental implants will help keep your teeth aligned and limit shifting into gaps
Consequently, with Proper care and help from a dentist, dental implants can last you the rest of your life.
Find a Kennewick Dentist Near You
Finally, if you’re interested in dental implants, give us a call or book an appointment online. We are located on Clearwater Avenue in Kennewick.